Saturday, March 6, 2010

18 Years? Sure. Fine. Whatever.

(No, I'm NOT done talking about this show yet. Come back in two years when I am.)
On March 6th, 1992, Mulder and Scully met. I understand now what people meant when they said that Mulder and Scully ruined every other fictional relationship for them, because no one will ever come close. I've never been one to imagine fictional characters as real before, but Mulder and
Scully are real. Happy 18th anniversary you two. If the aliens don't come, you might make it to 20!


I haven't watched an extensive amount of television shows, but I have read a ton of books, and Mulder and Scully are probably the most well developed character I've ever had the pleasure to meet (except for maybe Harry Potter). I just know them so well.


1992-1993
"If there's iced tea in the bag, it could be love."
"Fate, Mulder. Root beer."


1994
"I feel, Scully, that you believe you're not ready to go. And you've always had the strength of your beliefs. I don't know if my being here... will help bring you back. But I'm here. "


1995
"You've lost a little weight recently, haven't you?"
"Yeah, I have, actually, thanks for noticing."



1996
"I guess I never realized how much I relied on him before this...his passion...he's been a great source of strength that I've drawn on."


1997
"Why don't you sing something?"
"No, Mulder. You don't want me to sing... I can't carry a tune."


Fight the Future
"But you saved me! As difficult and as frustrating as it's been sometimes, your goddamned strict rationalism and science have saved me a thousand times over! You've kept me honest. You've made me a whole person. I don't know if I wanna do this alone. I don't even know if I can."


1998
“It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.”


1999
"I don't know if you noticed but, um, I never made the world a happier place"
"Well, I'm fairly happy. That's something."



2000
"Do you have any idea what you've been through?"
"Only what I see in your face."



2001
"You say this is greater than us, and maybe it is, but this is us fighting this fight, Mulder, not you. It's you and me. That's what I'm fighting for, Mulder. You and me."


2008
"We'll get out of here... just me and you."
"As far away from the darkness as we can get?"
"I'm not sure it works that way. I think maybe the darkness finds you and me. "


So basically, they've been together longer then I've been alive, and it's kind of amazing. Idk but, I can't think of any other fictional characters with such an epic story, reaching over so many years.
Lol, lol, okay, enough shmaltz.
I have come to the sad but true realization that the only fun I have anymore is on the internets. I mean, the fact that I have this blog... and have been keeping it daily for 214 days is evidence enough. Tumblr is only making it worse, lol. Halp me.

No comments: