Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ballet

I am so thankful for Covenant Dance Studio. I adore ballet, dance or basically any form, and if it wasn't for them, I'd never see any performances. Tonight I'm going to Odine the Sea Sprite! So happy! So. Random selection of ballet-related images.


From Awakening, one of my favorite Covenant dances.


From Fools Gold, which I missed, oh curse the day.


She is basically Tib to me. And her costumes were divine. And the dancing was divine. And Gene was divine.


It is a great hope of mine to one day see Giselle. *le sigh*


The Nutcracker is one ballet that bores me. I think I've seen it one or two or fifty too many times. I swear I know that music by heart.


Although the Baryshnikov version is my favorite. It's so 70's though, lol.

Off Topic #1:
Women’s fashion is a subtle form of bondage. It’s men’s way of binding them. We put them in these tight, high-heeled shoes, we make them wear these tight clothes and we say they look sexy. But they’re actually tied up.I felt like crap all week, and guilty for not trying to look sexy. This made me feel better <3
Off Topic #2: I went to the gym and felt awesome. Then I came home and had two cookies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Mikhail Baryshnikov? He is one of the best dancers that has ever lived. You should TOTALLY see the movie "White Knights".

Brittany Ann said...

No pressure to be sexy. But on a side note, people saying high heels are men's bondage for women is just silliness. Heels used to be for boys too! We've just narrowed the demographic down to ladies (and some dudes).

But ol' Louis XIV really rocked those heels way back when. http://www.cindyvallar.com/LouisXIV.jpg <<<YEAHHH. Beat that hunk of sexy.

And la. Ballet is prettyyy.