Friday, January 1, 2010

RomComs I can get behind

I don't like romantic comedies as a general rule... I prefer romance as a side-dish to the main plot, but there are a few exceptions to the rule.


While You Were Sleeping. I first saw this movie at a friends house for a sleep over, and completely fell in love with Sandra. Also movies that feature ~Christmas~ are awesome.


Clueless. I've watched this movie too many times to count, and I still love it, I'll never stop loving. And I guess I can identify with Cher, cause after all, I'm just a "virgin who can't drive."


Crossing Delancey. I love this movie because it's not really "romantic", but it is at the same time. It's weird. But really sweet and New Yorky.


Elizabeth Town. First of all, I love Orlando Bloom. Don't judge, don't judge. And I just love all the Americana and southern charm. This past year I've become obsessed with American culture. And, it's sooo romantic, no?


Penelope. It's a fantasy, so I'm not sure if it totally counts. But it's romantic. And a comedy. And it has Jame McAvoy in it. And it's beautiful. And it has James McAvoy in it.


Return to Me. The concept was a little creepy, but first of all, it has the Italian/Irish resturant, which is hysterical, because everyone I know is half Italian and half Irish. Second of all... David Duchovny?


My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This movie is one of those movies that everyone can universally agree on!


Ferris Bueller's Day Off. This is more of a comedy then a romantic comedy, but there is no denying it's utter AWESOME. "Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Peace out. And happy new year. And stuff...
And also I don't think public services like libraries and post offices should be closed today. If they weren't I could have picked up
Castle in the Air from the library, and I could already be reading it. And the X-Files would have come from Netflix and I could be WATCHING THEM. Holidays are terribly inconvenient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penelope SO counts! It has James Mcavoy in it!