Thursday, June 24, 2010

A "That's Life" post

I'm in an emotional funk. So when real problems get you down like your best friend who is homesick in Russia and the fact that the only section of the SAT you actually did well in is the part Hunter and Brooklyn don't even look at, you need to start trying to enjoying life. You know, those not-important joys that mostly have to do with sugar and fandom.


Lungs, Florence and the Machine. This album, from start to finish is one of the most brilliant things I've ever heard. I'm just listening to it over and over and over again. There is no end in sight.


It's summer. Which means I, for once, am actually allowed to wear track shorts and camis around the house. YUSS.


I'm translating Harry Potter from German into English. It's ridiculously hard and kinda fun.


It's summer. Which means all I'm eating are plums and mint tea. And I am okay with that.


Last night we just watched the season 6 finale. They upped the Mulder and Scully romance so much this season, I don't even know what to think. Plus, Diana is Fowl and Skinner needs to make up his mind, and I like how they're totally backtracking from the invasion of 2012 all the way to the original colonists like before evolution and stuff.


We are getting a blender, first time the Diehl family will have ever owned one. Just in time for smoothies too! I am ecstatic.


I got four dollars in tips today. IDK what I did right, it was 95 degrees, and the ovens were blasting and I almost cried twice. Pity tips perhaps...?


The Pandorica opens in four weeks omg you guys!

It's official. I am ready for September.
Ready to wear my Slytherin scarf and get back into the swing of proper school days. Ready to cut down on my work hours, and I've only been doing 18 hours a week for a month now. Ready for Fringe to come back, ready for hot coffee to make me feel warm inside and not inconveniently uncomfortable. It's June 24th and I'm ready for fall. Summer is only nice in theory.

3 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Ohh I want a blender!!

What part of the SAT did you not do well in? :(

Sadie said...

MATH. I got a 9 on my essay, which I was really surprised at, cause my essay was crap. and I got a good score on the grammar/writing/english/whatnot section.
But the math was not okay. Not like die-with-shame bad, but I think I'm gonna retake it.

Brittany Ann said...

Ah it was the same with me. :\ It's why I didn't get into Hunter....and I had to take a test to get into Brooklyn. :P Definitely re-take it! I took it when I was 18 and a senior already, so I never got a chance to.