Monday, May 31, 2010

Regina, regina, regina.

If Harry Potter is my all-time favorite book series and The X-Files is my all-time favorite tv show and mint ice cream is my all-time favorite dessert then at the heart of things, Regina Spektor is my all-time favorite musician. Five albums, hundreds of b-sides and extras, you can always find something new.


"Has it always been this way? Is it possible all this magic went unnoticed? Maybe things will start to change. For love is the answer to the question that I had forgotten, but know had been asked. And the answer has got to be love, love."


"Hold on, one more time with feeling. Try it again, breathing's just a rhythm. Say it in your mind, until you know that the words are right. This is why we fight, this is why we fight."


"Let's study class, sit down. Loveology, loveology, I'msorryology, forgivemeology, loveology, loveology, I'msorryology, forgivemeology, loveology, loveology. Let's study class, let's study class. Loveology, let's study class, sit down. Oh, an incurable humanist you are, oh, an incurable humanist. You, you, you, you, are, are, are."


"Thought I'd cry for you forever, but I couldn't so I didn't. People's children die and they don't even cry forever. Thought I'd see your face in my mind for all time but I don't even remember what your ears looked like."


"And you don't love your girlfriend, you don't love your girlfriend. And you think that you should but she thinks that she's fat but she isn't but you don't love her anyway. And you don't love your mother, and you know that you should, and you wish that you would, but you don't anyway. Poor little rich boy, all the world is okay."


"Begin to hope, and all the colors start to change beneath the light. You might forget that the worlds so sad, you might forget that things are awful bad. And it's alright."


"It started out as a feeling, which then grew into a hope. Which then turned into a quiet thought, which then turned into a quiet word. And then that word grew louder and louder, 'til it was a battle cry. I'll come back when you call me. No need to say goodbye."

Yawn, another Monday, another school day, another pot of coffee. No rest for the weary. Or is it the wicked? Both could be applied to me.
Mulder was like, "I love you!" And Scully was like, "Lol, okay." And I was like, "You two are no longer fooling me..."

1 comment:

Jillian said...

My friend is OBSESSED with her.
It breaks my hea-a-a-a-a-rt.... I like fidelity and the call.