Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Day of Reckoning

The day has come. Check back at 9pm, and this post will become live blogging for the series finale of LOST.
My mind is reeling in the face of Tess being dead and Chloe leaving and Peter kissing Olivia, and Olivia being in a tiny little jail cell and Rory and Amy being awesomesauce and Honoria on The X-Files and Scully being "one in five billion" and aliens and cracks and parallel universes.
BUT I SHALL PUT IT ALL ASIDE. THE DAY OF RECKONING IS HERE. SIX YEARS LATER. 12 to 17. LOST is ending. And it only ends once.




7:01pm. Okay, first of all here are some cool sites filed with LOST stuff too look at before the show, during the commercial breaks, and tomorrow of course. Schmiss. The Quiet World. Ack-Attack. Fish Biscuit Land. Nedroid. Lostpedia. That should keep you busy.
7:07pm. I think the cast is really adorable... But recaps are boring. Get on with the real stuff.
7:25pm. At the heart of it, Locke has always been my favorite character. He doesn't look a day older then he did in 1995 on The X-Files.
7:52pm. In case you are not already an emotional wreck, here is something for you.
8:16pm. OH GOD EWW SAWYER AND JULIET WHY.
8:20pm.
Lost wishlist: some answers, but also some stuff left open-end, Juliet is the mom of bb Jack (but that is obvious), Richard and Miles survive, Claire gets Aaron back, Faraday and Shannon show up one last time, VINCENT, and a happy ending for Desmond and Penny.

8:45pm. I feel very well prepared. I have spent the last 1 hour and 40 minutes going from one room where the recap is on the the living room where Disney channel is on. During commercial breaks I have been looking at LOST picspams and trying to read Orthodoxy. Also eating strawberries. Yes, I feel very well prepared.
8:58pm. Bring it oooonnnnnn!!!
9:08pm. Skate is still awesome what is wrong with me? I teared up, twice. Already. All the men are wearing blue shirts lol. They've already had a million little homages... Aw my heart.
9:18pm. Rose and Bernard and Vincent, horray! Des is still sexy, al etc. Kate and Jack, I don't hate them anymore...

9:28pm. RICHARD OMGGGG, my babycakes is alive. JULIET OMMGGG, but like, keep her away from Sawyer please. Sun and Jin are so cute, yay! Ben is evil, my thoughts are getting less and less comprehensible...
9:33pm. FRANNKKKK. And I love the set up of the concert, it's epic. And Locke is one sexy evil old man. So far we have no "answers" but I have some theories, and right now I'm like, screw answers, I'm gonna miss these fluffy little characters I've grown to love!! ;____;
9:44pm. Juliet and Jack are happy omg I love this!! They need to get back together asap... Okay, so Desmond is all knowing of both worlds, he wants to get Jack to the concert? I wish I could go back to 12 year old me and tell myself the whole show is about a shiny waterfall. Ah.
9:54pm. Oh Shannon and Sayid! Oh man my original LOST ship? Now confirmed as true lurve?! YUS! And Jack is all like, Locke was awesome!! And Jack and Locke looking down the waterfall was really beautiful and season 2ish. Still no answers. Still do not care.
10:05pm. Charlie and Clarie. This whole darn show is just more of the power of love!! So, when Des did that thing with that thing, does that mean that the smoke monster got taken away, same as the light, and Man in Black is just a lil Roman dude all over again? Still no answers, but honestly, this rocks way, way more.
10:21pm. Charlie and Claire, I am a freaking blubber. Desmond failed! What if everyone in our worldm blows up? That'd be insanity. I LOVE THE POWER OF LOVE. And plot pwns answers any day. Also, I like how the Locke/Jack conflict is totally going full force now that Locke is evil and not actually Locke. And I find Sawyer and Hurley and Kate trying to save Ben beautifully ironic.
10:28pm. Now plot is happening and I am speechless. I feel like I am really happy with the Jacob and MIB mythos right now, and I have now doubt that they'll wrap that up. And they are doing a freaking good job wrapping up the characters. As far as old mysteries go.. I'm going to try and let sleeping dogs lie. Also, GUUH Man in Black is really dead? And something tells me that the island really is sinking...
10:38pm. Um I am a big girl. I will get over Jate. I am a big girl. I have better couples in my life now. I have Mulder and Scully and Peter and Livvy and John and Aeryn. I will be okay with this because this is a good show regardless. ANYWAY. WOW I really want the island to sink for some reason? I feel like that would be good for the plot? Also, Sun and Jin's bigass smiles at Sawyer were soo cute I wanted to cuddle them.
10:46pm. I am even more unhappy with this because it was sooo obviously not endgame. Blech. Half baked romances. ALSO I FIND IT CREEPY THAT THIS IS JACK'S EXWIFE WITH A KID? This means that Sawyer and Jack will be celebrating Christmas together. LOL my otp. Okay. I am over it now. At least I have Charlie and Claire and Charlotte and Daniel and Sayid and Shannon and stufffff. Okay I will stop lying. I am pissed off, sorry. But as long as Des and Penny have an EVEN BIGGER KISS.
11:55pm. Jack was going to die in the pilot. Let us all just remember that for a moment. ALSO WHY HURLEY? I know, because Kate and Sawyer would make really bad leaders?
11:00pm. MAKING OUT. LOST's way to solve all their problems. Bromances are awesome. Why are the same-sex friendships on this show so much awesomer then the romances? And how will they have time for Penny and Walt? We have 30 minutes left! Claire and Kate, case and point, I love this show.
11:08pm. Okay, so Des and Hurley and Ben and Jack are on the island. Everyone else, flying off to nowhere. So LOST is like a fairy tale, or a mythos story. And in stories like that, you don't question where the power comes from so neither will I. Also, wasn't that plane rigged with C4? What?
11:14pm. Locke and John are the real love story. Is Ben embarrassed to go in? Aww. THIS SHOW HASN'T ANSWERED A THING. AND IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL.
11:20pm. DES AND PEN WHERE ARE YOU? Ben and Hurley are adorable. Kate, when will you stop saying "I'm sorry?" Why are the Losties have a sexy party of uselessness inside a church? Jack I wanted you dead. TEN MINUTES LEFT. Where in Jacob's name are Des and Penny?
11:25pm. I am very happy for you Jack. You and your emotionally lame girl friend. But get over yourself. Is the other world purgatory? So other world is like A BUBBLE WORLD! I was right!! It is a bubble universe! NOT A PARALLEL WORLD HA TAKE THAT!!! So the bubble world is the safety world, that they made when the bomb went off! This is soo full circle! A sexy failsafe world! With everyone!
11:30pm. Did LOST just end in a way that made sense? I think it did. But Penny and Des didn't kiss. NO LAST KISS. WHY WHY WHY? Lol my favorite show ever just ended and I am upset about Des and Pen kisses? HAHA! I now get to spend the next week explaining it to everyone! Lol!! But it kinda made sense.
12:00pm. So, my theory. Like it or lump it. The island made them a safety world when they let the bomb off, because the bomb fell into the "light." The safety world was for those who died on the island, which explains why people can't have babies on the island, and why Michael was not there. I assume though, that you can bring people important to though because Christian and Penny were there. Whether you want to see it as metaphysical or more sci-fi it is a similar outcome, and reminded me of Harry Potter. Bitter Skater part of me aside, I was happy with it. The end.
Let it be known I like it. I'm gonna judge right now, but I think not liking it shows some sort of fear of death. It was such a nice afterlife for them! It's better then living alone. Honestly, I think they gave us the ending that (most) fans had been secretly dreaming about. The people we've grown to love, together. So in the end it was live alone, die together.

7 comments:

Katie said...

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

NO MORE SHIRTLESS DES HOW WILL I DEAL

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. I am following and commenting on everything you post.

Anonymous said...

Locke was an amazing character. From the fist episode (which I rewatched) Terry O'quinn protrayed a complex character so simply.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are amazing!!!!! This is really going to be hard!

Anonymous said...

Honestly this is a perfect wishlist. I REALLY hope that Miles doesn't die! He has always been on my to fave list. And I really hope that Des and penny survive.

Anonymous said...

That sun and gin sence was amazing!!!! It was everything I hoped it would be!!!!
And Vincent!!!!
And Hugo shooting Charlie!!!

Katie said...

HEAVENNNNNNN

it was so beautiful