Monday, May 24, 2010

Do you believe in life after LOST?

This will be my last LOST post for a very long time. I want to be able to fully respect the show by backing off for a while and mulling over. The more I think about it, the more I love the way it ended. And the more I think about it and the more I love it, the more I catch myself thinking, "Woah! So much potential! I can't wait for next season!" Oh wait. Right. So although fanfic will abound and my heart is at ease, I wonder, will life ever be the same? So here are some other awesome forms of entertainment I plan on filling the hole in my heart with.


For an alternate universe fix, which I'll be needing soon enough, I've got Gone and Back on hold from the library. John gets to meet his statue wife and daughter in a universe where Zhann is alive...


Listen the the Up soundtrack. Because Michael Giacchino is a god.


I already need a Terry O'Quinn fix, so thankfully we were already planning on watching Fight the Future this evening. He has a small part, but it's what made me watch Fight the Future for the first time all those years ago. He doesn't age though, and it's creepy.


Reunited lovers was one of the biggest "things" on LOST. Sun and Jin and Des and Penny... so in the face of having no epic war-torn romantic angst to look forward to each week, I guess I'm just gonna have to reread The Beckoning Road. It's been a good eight months since I last picked it up.


Throw myself into Fringe wholeheartedly. I think I have already done this, but perhaps I can be even more obsessed. JJ Abrams is JJ Abrams, whether on an magical island of mystery or in um, Boston.


The trope of a select few and their loved ones going to a happy place in the sky is hardly a new one. The West, Summer Country and Narnia will definitely fill my need for theologically unsound after-lives.


Reread the Odyssey. When all was said and done, this show still reminded me overwhelmingly of a Greek epic. Plus the Odysseus and Penelope motif. Le sigh.

Suliet and Jate still feel like a bad dream, but I can sleep easy knowing LOST is truly over. I will miss this show like the burning. In other news I had 3 hours of sleep and was up at 5am but I had a really good morning at work. I do not understand my body. Also, new favorite song!!

No comments: