Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I believe, I believe, it's silly, but...

Wanna know what some of my favorite Christmas movies are? You don't? Oh well, too bad, and what the heck are you doing here? You should know by know my blog is indulgence central.


Miracle on 34th Street. Natalie Wood, you precious little thing! Also John Payne is a rather attractive man. And this movie is proof that my suspension of disbelief is huge, because I must have seen it a dozen times before I realized it was
fantasy, and not a drama.


Charlie Brown's Christmas. Classic, wonderful, perfection, flawless, etc. You know the drill.


White Christmas. Maybe I blogged about this one already? I'm doing it again then. Danny Kayne and Vera Ellen are adorable and perky and romantic in a way that Bing is not, thus making this movie better then Holiday Inn.


The Phineas and Ferb Christmas Special. This is not a movie, I know. But Phineas and Ferb are basically Calvin and Hobes for the younger generation! And I need a Jeremy in my life. That is all I can really say.


The Polar Express. Granted this should have been a 30 minute short, it was pretty awesome anyway. The soundtrack was beautiful, and anything with an utterly untheologically sound message of "Just Believe" is fine by me!


Nightmare Before Christmas. I wasn't allowed to watch this when I was little and all I could watch was Mary Popins, but I saw it for the first time last year! Sally+Jack=Cutest thing ever? And it was not just Christmassy, it had general Holiday Goodness!


Meet Me in St. Louis. It wasn't really a Christmas movie, but whatever, Christmas is in it. I just love movies like this, about a random family and all their issues. The scene with the cake was so hysterical, and I have a crush on Lon.

So Christmas has taken over my brain as you can see. But on a non-Christmassy note, our freaking awesome IWTB poster is up in our room, and every time I look at it my heart skips a beat, thanks Meegwee! And I'm listening to Duffy. And tonight I'm being dragged to my sister's choir performance. Just kidding, I'm looking forward to it, although I'd rather spend the evening home, watching Christmas movies...

No comments: