Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to-

Sesame Street? Come and play, everything's a-okay! Friendly neighbors there, that's where we meet! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street? My mom grew up watching Sesame Street, I grew up watching Sesame Street, my three-year-old cousin is growing up watching it. The day that show in canceled, I will loose my last drop of faith in humanity.


Super Grover is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE Sesame Street character. You know how he says Sup-(long pause)-er Grover? Twice now I've said "Sup" right at the midnight on the eve of the new year, and remembered to say "Er Grover" at midnight exactly one year later. It's sort of my thing.


Gordon is my number one father figure just so you know. I wanted to be like him when I grew up. Then again, I think he's everyone's imaginary dad.


Cookie Monster is one of the coolest. Only they sort of ruined the whole POINT with that "Cookie is a Sometime Food" song.


And who doesn't like Gabby? Here pictured with Slimey the Worm, after returning from space!


And there's Rosita, the Spanish fruit-bat, who looks nothing like a fruit bat, but can play the guitar well.

Here are links to some of my personal favorite Sesame Street Segments.
Mah Na Mah Na Maybe just the catchiest song.. EVER!
The famous Pin Ball segment.
Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip Bahah. My first exposure to martians perhaps?
Island of Emotion scared me to death. Probably my favorite of that series. From Your Head is also great.
The best Ernie song. Imagine That.
I blame my obsession with the letter X on this song.

In other news... I actually
enjoy my job. I love having extra cash. I HATE the fact that it's 5:30pm, I have four subjects left and I have to be up at 5am tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my all time fave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVDUYJo3CjU

SS rules.