Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 days in a day, shippy edition

Because my Case of the Romantics hasn't left yet.


• Day 01 - What is your current favorite ship?
Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers like WOAH.


• Day 02 - What was your very first ship?
Johnny and Cilla from Johnny Tremain were the first couple I seriously shipped hardcore. I was 11 I think. (Not the movie version, I'm just using that image for convenience's sake.)


• Day 03 - A pairing that needs to happen now?
Dinah and Oliver on Smallville. Cut the crap and get to the canon.


• Day 04 - The pairing with the most chemistry?
John and Aeryn. It kinda dripped off them.


• Day 05 - The pairing with the least chemistry?
Honestly KStew and RPattz have no chemistry.


• Day 06 - The best kiss?
Sawyer and Kate, The Glass Ballerina. "You taste like fish biscuits" needs to be a pickup line or something.


• Day 07 - The most dramatic scene?
THIS. THIS THIS THIS. It's amazing.


• Day 08 - The pairing with the most baggage?
Honestly Ned and Chuck because their baggage really effects their daily relationship. You know, all that baggage.


• Day 09 - Why aren’t these two married in real life?
I don't IRL ship, it's against my principles. I do IRL ship Viv and Lawrence however, but they were married.



• Day 10 - The most believable relationship?
Calum and Deirdre. I still have a special place in my heart for them. I love normal people.



• Day 11 - What is your dream pairing?
Like a Dream Team paring? Jack and Juliet. You can't convince me those two weren't made for each other.


• Day 12 - Who had the best wedding?
Rory and Amy obviously.


• Day 13 - What is a pairing you never advertise?
Betty and Daniel. I really love them. They never even got a kiss, I was so sad.


• Day 14 - What is your favorite book pairing?
Howl and Sophie!! They have a cat baby and a talking fire ball. Your argument is invalid.


• Day 15 - What is your favorite real life pairing?
Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson.


• Day 16 - What is the absolute worst pairing?
JULIET AND SAWYER. Somehow the writers of Lost turned my two favorite characters into some sort of Frankenstein monster and now I can't stand either.


• Day 17 - A pairing you thought would never work out, but did?
Peter and Olivia. I'm still not really down with them, but I am okay with it when at first I was very decidedly against it.


• Day 18 - A historical pairing?
Totally Penelope and Odysseus.


• Day 19 - What is the cutest pairing?
I love Rose and Neil from I Capture the Castle. They're pretty cute.


• Day 20- A pairing you’ve rooted for since the beginning?
Sawyer and Kate. There are many pairs I've loved since day one but they were inevitable. I had to fight for
Sawyer and Kate like a mad woman. And I still lost...


• Day 21 - A pairing you like and no one else understands why?
Harper and Justin. Or at least, my one WoWP loving friend thinks I'm crazy.


• Day 22 - A pairing you hate and no one else understands why?
Carly and Freddie. Or at least, once again, my iCarly loving friends think I'm crazy. Creddie just rubs me the wrong way. Ugh.


• Day 23 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out great?
Farscape. The whole show was a love triangle in the sense that there was amusing jealousy, some great fights, and everyone had their little moment together. But it was well handled because you never really thought that John would end up with anyone but Aeryn and vice versa.


• Day 24 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out badly?
LOST. That whole show was a love triangle. Sure, there was some amusing jealousy, some great fights and everyone did have their little moments together. But it was unpredictable, badly plotted and no one had any idea where it was going. It was unrealistic because love, real love, doesn't work that way.


• Day 25 - A pairing that was/would-be adorable, but could never work out?
Nina and Phillip on Fringe. I'm pretty sure now they've dropped that story line, never to be explored again, but I still think it'd have been AWESOME.


• Day 26 - A pairing that you hated and ended up loving?
Not hated per say. I went into X-Files season eight completely neutral to Monica and John and unflapped by their existence. I came out of season nine I flapping fangurl.


• Day 27 - A pairing that you loved and ended up hating?
Once again, not hated per say. I went into Life thinking that Dani and Charlie could be cool together. About four or five episodes in I knew that was crazy.


• Day 28 - A pairing that you will never understand?
Doggett and Scully. First of all, she was pregnant with another man's child when she met Doggett (not that that's ever stopped fandom before) and second of all, I never felt that they were attracted to each other. Scully spent a chunk of season eight mad at Doggett and although Doggett obviously respected Scully I think he was a little scared of her. Plus Mulder would probably die if Scully ever left him. Do we want that? No.


• Day 29 - What ship had the best proposal?
Maxim and the second Mrs. DeWinters. While peeling a tangerine. So awesome.


• Day 30 - Your favorite ship forever and ever?
Mulder and Scully. Thank you and good night.

Today was exhausting. Off to make some tea.

No comments: